awesome server! few questions tho...

For players outside Romania

Moderator: pvpgn_moderators

cronik
antispam: No

awesome server! few questions tho...

Post by cronik » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm

first, having a blast playing d2 for the umpteenth time, and very appreciative of what you guys are doing here! Thanks!

Couple questions tho, since i'm not sure how things translate to a private server like this...

1) with 5x drop rate, is there much point in over 250mf? ie does 250mf basically = 1500mf?

2) is uber diablo possible here? i'd like an anni (especially to help with stat reqs for gear) but with no dupes (presumably) here, and a much smaller community, i can't imagine peeps selling sojs til he spawns. been farming the hell outta andi (nm and hell) and no luck yet for a single soj for myself, let alone enough to pop uber D.

3) is there much of an english trading community here, or should i expect to have to find everything i need for myself?

Shokat

Re: awesome server! few questions tho...

Post by Shokat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Hey! I'm glad you enjoy this server :)

To answer your questions:
1. Actually there's no point in having over 250 mf..
As you may have seen, the Torch is a little modified here, so it also gives mf (1-100) + a shako (50 mf) + an occulus (50 mf) and you're good to go. With around 150-200 it's ok. Given that the drop rates are modified, it's better to have less mf but kill faster and do more runs than to have 600 mf.

2. Uber Diablo is possible here.. Even if dupes don't work here, people still sell sojs to get him to spawn.
- a little guide here: Annihilus Guide

3. Well, the trading comunity is pretty mixed up. You won't have problems getting what you need from trade. You are not the only foreigner.. There are around 20-30 more on this server (brasil, canada, uk, turkey, spain) Also, if you find these words in the names of trading games.. here is what they mean:
Dau / Vand = Offer
Vreau / Vr = Need

Also, here a list of prices for most of the items.
Prices
This list is not official or something, everyone can sell / buy items at their own price. We've made this list just to give players who are new on this server a general idea on the prices here.

I know it's written for romanian players.. but most of it (almost 90%) is understandable by everyone.

cronik

Post by cronik » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 am

dude.

dude.

that's a HUGE help! thanks for taking the time to provide all that info! i looked and couldn't find anything like it in the international section here, so i'm sure it'll come in handy for future people who pick up the server or are thinking about it. i just spent a good deal of time going over the trading post... good stuff!

personally, i LOVE that 250mf is about all i'll need. i was always so limited with gear in bnet version because i tried to pack in as much mf as possible, but now i'll have a lot more room to "play" with and still not feel like i'm losing any looting power (which is obviously a darned big deal!).

so you said people spawn uberD here, but is it pretty rare to see him walk? or if i play fairly regularly is there a decent chance he'll spawn in, say, a week or two? (if peeps spawn him in one game, does he spawn in all since the IP hunt shouldn't be a thing here?)

Shokat

Post by Shokat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 am

cronik wrote: or if i play fairly regularly is there a decent chance he'll spawn in, say, a week or two? (if peeps spawn him in one game, does he spawn in all since the IP hunt shouldn't be a thing here?)
Poeple spawn him something like once or twice every month.. or something like that..

When enough SoJs have been sold, he appear in all games created on Hell.

cronik

Post by cronik » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 am

sweet! thanks again!